Liver biopsy

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

I have been having paclitaxol for the last 2 years having been diagnosed with secondary breast cancer with metastases in bones and liver. Up to now the chemo has held everything back but a couple of weeks ago the CT scan showed one area in liver was growing, despite other areas shrinking. The plan is to do a liver biopsy next week. Just wondering how others have experienced the biopsy? Not keen on big needles being poked into me - but determined to be stoic!

• Hi

I haven't had a liver biopsy, so don't have any personal experiences to share, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any responses.

I've found this information for you which explains what happens during a biopsy. I know it's not the same as hearing from someone who's actually had one but I hope it helps a little.

All the best for next week and do come back and let us know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks Latchbrook,

I have posted on another thread after someone mentioned liver biopsy, so hopefully I will get some info. Thanks for responding though and for the link.

• I Had the bioopsy yesterday and it was much less scarey than I anticipated. Given the advice by Daloni in LWIC forum I knew what to expect, but in fact the pain I was anticipating afterwards did not materialise and so far, so good. Just the results to worry about now!