Can anyone help with what is going on?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Ok so we’ve gone from a positive day (latest check up looks ok, even gaining weight) to a massive negative. Bloods show a big drop in platelets, and all chemo halted. My mum has just completed cycle 4 of 6 (gemcarbo for stage 4 UTUC with mets to liver). She was due to start cycle 5 on Tuesday but that’s now been stopped. I’m very worried as it’s high grade disease so can anyone advise what happens now?

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear that your mum's chemo has been halted due to a drop in platelets. I don't know the answer to your question about what happens next, as I had a different type of cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies.

It might be an idea to post this question in the kidney cancer group, which I see you're a member of, as well. However, the best person to ask would be, with her permission, your mum's CNS as she will have all your mum's records to hand and will be able to see what is happening next.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks for the reply Latchbrook,

We're currently waiting on a call back from mum's Mac nurse who can hopefully answer a few questions for us.

Thanks

C