Immuthearpy treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

I have started my treatment for secondary liver cancer after having occular melanoma in my eye, this was treat by proton beam radiotherapy. This has now given me secondary in the liver which is terminal, having immuthearpy to reduce the spread of the melanoma but after having 2 sessions out of the 4 has left me absolutely shattered, trying to maintain a normal life balance is hard and is else in this community group going through this challenge? 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your ocular melanoma has spread and that you've been told that your cancer is now terminal. It must be very hard to cope with this news and I can completely understand why you'd feel that maintaining a normal life balance is hard.

You don't say what type of immunotherapy treatment you're currently undergoing but if you put it into the search facility in this group you could see if there are any previous posts that mention it.

You might also find it helpful to join the living with incurable cancer group. The title might not sound that cheery but don't let that put you off as it's full of people who you can discuss your feelings openly with as they understand what it's like to be given an incurable or terminal diagnosis.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your  journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi ,

I have been following some of the Immuotherapy treatment for Bowel cancer and have been greatly encouraged by what it is achieving.

Sorry you are feeling so tired . The liver has a big job to do and I know with my mum’s treatments or surgeries she has experienced a lot of fatigue.

take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000