Secondary Liver cancer.

• 8 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi, I have been newly diagnosed with secondary liver cancer. I have been told it’s aggressive, and start treatment next week.

• Hi Barbera1 welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry to hear the news that you have been given. How are you feeling about it all? Remember we are here for you to chat with anytime you like, so ask away and there is usually somebody that can answer any queries you may have.

In the meantime Im sending some huge big hugs your way for now.  

gail

Community Champion Badge

• I am shell shocked, as I have been told it’s not curable. I start my first round of chemo next Friday. I had chemo for my primary cancer and my body did not cope well, they had keep reducing the dose. I am rather scared after my previous experience.

• Hi Barbara 1

I am so very sorry to hear your news, I too have secondary liver cancer, it's the hardest thing to have to hear.

I haven't been on the forum for a while  as I have been unwell for the past 3 weeks over Christmas.

I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2002 then Kidney cancer in 2021 , now this.

So I can understand where you are coming from.

I started my first round of Chemo last Thursday, next lot the following week.

I'm not sure if this will work, my Oncologist said if the cancer decreases, they might be able to do a liver section.

Fingers crossed, I am sending you love and support in the only way that I can and a big hug Hugging

• Hi Zita, I was so sad to hear what you are going through for the third time. I do hope the chemo works for you and they can do a liver section. I am sending you love and support and a prayer. 
    I am to start my first round of chemo for the liver cancer on Friday! My primary cancer was in my pancreas, they did whipple operation in August 2022, and I thought I was doing well until September I had a scan and blood test. They gave me Sabre radiotherapy in October, the scan showed the tumour was aggressive and had grown to 3centimetres since then. I am in shock, tearful and very scared. Fingers crossed for both of us HuggingPray tone3 Kissing heart

• Hello Barbara 1 Thank you so very much for your kind words, they mean a lot, it seems that we are starting this journey again together. You and I have been there before, and I really hope that we can continue to support each other. Family and friends are kind and concerned but I think only the people who are going through what we have to really understand each other. I will be thinking of you and sending love and support your way. All the very best for your 1st session of your Chemo on Friday xx
  • Thank you Zita, yes it’s really hard to tell your family and friends how you are feeling. They are suffering too but in a different way, and it feels like you are making them suffer more by telling them how you feel. 
    It will be good to have your support as you are going through it too. Good luck with your treatment and hope it works well. Kissing heartHugging

• Barbara you are so right, the thing that gets me at the moment is that my Husband continues to try and make plans for holidays, and such, as I told him I am taking things one step at a time. Please Hugging keep in touch with me, that would be really nice.HuggingFingers crossed

• Yes I have that problem too, he talks about holidays, we have two booked one in June and one in August. I always feel like I don’t want to go away from home when having treatment, I ended up in hospital twice while going through it last time, I need to be near home just in case that happens this time too. As my treatment will be ongoing as it’s not curable it’s a possibility. It’s very hard you don’t want to disappoint them. It’s like he planned to meet a friend for a meal on Saturday, I felt annoyed because he hadn’t asked me first, I just didn’t want to be around people, we did go and to be honest I really enjoyed the company. When I complained he just they want to see you ,they care. It turned out well in the end but in future it might not. Xx