Diagnosis

• 5 replies
  • 16 subscribers

I only had an ultrasound on advise of local gp because two of my blood markers were high ,alanine transaminase was 106 but it was and has been raised since 2017 it was 80 and steadily rose over yrs. and bilirubin was 26 and had been raised since 2017 , it was only because this gp showed concern that I had ultrascan that showed a ‘lesion’ 5cm ,I then had an mri which confirmed it and said it was malignant also I had one further up the spine but my pancreas was clear, last Friday I had a ct scan which showed as the consultant said a ‘mass’ on the liver but didn’t show spine one , am now waiting decisions on biopsy, just seems they take a while and then have to wait for biopsy. Mean time I have a ghastly knagging pain in my right side , taking cocodine and paracetamol,could have had oromorph but stayed off that . I suppose they will see if surgery is applicable or not . I really would like to get through October as my youngest daughter gets married ,just waiting for a prognosis is excruciating worrying. If I hadn’t had that ultrasound no one would know . I look ok and am eating , I feel bloated at times ,am still working when I can concentrate. I get winded but I am 64 and overweight,knew I had fatty liver. Finding it hard to be positive.

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about what you have been going through. Perhaps the positive I see in your message is that your GP took action to pass you to people who could give you a diagnosis (eventually!). If we look at our pages on diagnosis of liver cancer we can see many of the steps you have already been through. Also on that page is a link to waiting for test results - many find that process about the most difficult of all.

Add to all that an upcoming wedding I can see both the pleasure and the worry that something will intervene.

My wife does not get on with oramorph at all but how often the doctors have said it will be fine.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Muff, I too have Liver Cancer and can empathise with you and the eternal waiting. Finally got a diagnosis and a treatment plan which was started without delay. A year on and 15 cycles down I don't feel ill, I'm eating and sleeping well. I do get a nagging pain but contrary to the norm mine is LHS so I just deal with it. I'm just coming up to 68 and Immunotherapy suits me well. A bit of dry skin but nothing elseCancer is not always the grim reaper and October can be the happy and joyous occasion for you and your daughter so try the chin up chicken approach. I wish you all the best fora long future. Jackie

• Thanks jackie, sorry long while replying. Have been told they are confident they can remove the liver tumour by surgery and in their opinion it hasnt spread. Go for first hospital appointment this thursday so will know more then. Seems really grim on here ,your one the few that is positive, so i really do wish you well and hope your health goes from strength to strength. I also for me things can change , they are looking at end of august before i can get surgery so lots of waiting and hope nothing changes. Keep looking forward with happiness.

• Muff  am so pleased that your tumour has not spread and that you are good for surgery. No it won't be a pleasant experience but your news is so positive that I've just done a little danceDancer. I have recently had both a CT and MRI scan and get the results soon but my blood tests are still good and my treatment goes on which is good. We keep so busy and are having such a good time and apart from aching a bit and getting tired I'm in such a good place. End of August will soon be here and therefore do all the things that make you happy and think of all the good things to come your way after surgery. Please keep me up to date with your progress and each time it's good I'll do that little dance for you xx Jackie

• Thankyou ,Sunglasses I am so glad your enjoying life and hope those scans come back good Thumbsup tone1