New ALL diagnosis - 23 female

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi,

I have newly been diagnosed with ALL and would love to chat to people going through treatment or people near the end of treatment as feeling quite lonely with it all. I was also thinking of setting up a blog to record my journey and wondered if anyone has also done this or would be able to point me in the direction of someone who has? 

Thanks! :)

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups. I don’t have ALL but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Stage 4a so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

I never did a blog but did keep a regular Facebook Story going, simple and easy to do.

You may also want to join and post in our dedicated Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia group.

Always around to help more or just to chat

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

Sorry for the slow reply but I have been away for a couple of weeks. I was diagnosed with ALL back in September 2012 and was treated at Barts in London. So whilst I am not currently having any treatment I have been through it and happy to answer any questions or just have a general chat. You can have a look at the treatment I had by clicking HERE

I have sometimes wondered if I should have kept a diary at the time of going through my treatment but I am glad I didn't as the bad parts have faded from my memory but some of the laughter and good news times have stayed. If you think it may help you now to write a blog then I would say give it a go!

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.