ALL Leukaemia

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hello, I am new to the group my Elderly Dad has been diagnosed with ALL Leukaemia and it is not treatable. I know everyone is different but I have been reading that this sort of Leukaemia needs treatment straight away as this in not an option is he likely to ge downhill fast 

• Hi TAH14 welcome to the group. but sorry you find yourself here. I have a different type of cancer than your Dad, but I have noticed that you have not had any replies yet. Whilst you wait, I wondered if you might benefit from joining one of the support groups. 

It is very scary when a family member receives a cancer diagnoses, and the fear of what is ahead, but talking to others who are in a similar situation to yourself does help you through this difficult time. There are 3 different support forums on the community you can join.

Family and friends 

Carers only

supporting someone with incurable cancer group

You will find several people there who are going through a similar situation to yourself.  You can also call the Macmillan support helpline for support 7 days a week from 8am til 8pm on 0808 808 00 00 

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge