Neck

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

I’ve just been for my 6 week check after throat cancer and they’ve found a lump over 2 cm in my neck lymph node , how likely is it to be cancer spread 

• Good evening Lilpop, its unusual for it to show signs of returning this quick, did you have surgery for your throat cancer or was it radiotherapy and chemo. I still have a lump on my neck that appeared after my surgery and treatment, it was tested and found to be non-cancerous so i was offered surgery or leave it as it was not causing any harm or discomfort, 12 years later its still there. I had 3 head and neck cancers in 2008,2009 and 2010 so roughly a year apart from each other. Of course, there is a possibility that it has spread as nothing is guaranteed when cancer is involved. What did your consultant say about it. You can re-post in the head and neck group on here as you will get more replies as the Larynx group does not get as many posts compared to the head and neck group. I belong to both groups so hopefully, i will see you in the head and neck group. Wishing you all the best, take care.

Chris. 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge