34F possible diagnosis

• 16 replies
  • 66 subscribers

Good Evening All

I am a 34F with a 2.5 / 2.8cm (there have been different references to the size) kidney mass which was an incidental finding. Partial nephrectomy has been recommended due to 75% chance mass is cancerous, which has been a lot to take in. It is expected to be contained in the kidney

Some wisdom would be much appreciated - Is it common practice to have surgery in absence of a biopsy? And has anyone else had a mass of this size and had the surgery? I am aware that the ablation alternative is minor surgery in comparison but my understanding is the risk of recurrence is higher. So many thoughts, if anyone has any similar experiences they can share I would be most grateful

Blush

• I’m ok but still feeling very tired. I nap when I can. I am holiday with my sister so I am doing a lot more walking. My emotions are still all over the place. I haven’t any results yet. I hope you are doing ok Sunnysunflower ?

• I had my 8cm tumour removed full nephrectomy left. They did not biopsy mine for various reasons. 

• Big hugs Hugging. I hope you're ok. 

• I had the operation before a biopsy or definite diagnosis. Trust the surgeon. They will know what is right for you. I’m glad my tumour has been removed.

• Hello All 

Just to update that I had my robotic partial nephrectomy surgery last week and I am told it was successful. Whilst there is still some discomfort, the pain has subsided over the past couple of days significantly. In my experience the first few days were the worst whilst the incisions were sore and the trapped wind in the shoulder was lingering. Appreciate everyone will be different with healing and recovery but wanting to bring some positivity for those waiting for the surgery as it’s such an anxious and stressful time. It gets easier xx

• Ah thank you for that. I have my kidney removal this Saturday and that’s very reassuring regarding pain etc. I’m glad you’re feeling good now. I’m working from home today and then isolating and relaxing until Saturday. I’m going in feeling positive xxx