Atrial Embolization to shrink Kidney Tumour?? Update -

• 1 reply
  • 50 subscribers

So, ........to put this into context, a few months ago, my wife's oncologist left to take up a new position, leaving my wife in a state of Limbo for a couple of months. Her RCC mets tumour in her femur had already been discovered, so he tried to tie up all the loose ends before he left. This was followed up with two consultations with different oncologists - each with their own remedy, which led to this confusion.

The procedure originally decided on was distil nailing, a strengthening procedure to insert a metal rod inside the femur, which would be followed by radiotherapy to shrink/kill the tumour in her femur. The next consultant seems to have favoured embolizing the tumour in her femur, to be followed by the distil nailing procedure, which is where the confusion seems to have occurred. The third consultant guessed that the embolizing procedure was to be on the Kidney tumour., but he was wrong.  So, it wasn't the atrial embolization of her kidney tumour which was being suggested, but the one in her right femur - Oh Dear, what a mess. 

We now have two confirmed dates for the embolization procedure and the surgical distil nailing - that is such a relief, I only hope neither of them gets cancelled at the last moment. 
Thanks to everyone who contributed, 
Regards, Bodger.