Scared

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi my husband was diagnosed with incurable kidney cancer 20 months ago, immunotherapy didn't work for him so he went onto the chemo tablet ( can't remember the name) he's lost 3 stone since startingDisappointed relievedhis drug with not nice side effects , he's also on blood thinners so that stopped us going abroad for a holiday. Now after all that suffering his cancer has spread to his lungs and his tumors on hisDisappointed relievedidneys have grown, he's trying to get onto a drug trial we will find out next week if he can , his oncologist has told him to stop work as he's so weak , we've been told at best he has a year left ,Disappointed relieved don't no what to do or say to him he's so scared Disappointed relieved

• Hi Amerly welcome to the forum. I don't know what to say to make any of this any different or better for you both. I'm wondering if its worth having an open and honest chat with the Oncologist or you may already have done this. Its a hard conversation to start to have and he will be scared but I'm imagining, so will you, so you will be trying to protect each other.  I'm thinking that that is also a lot of information to take in and maybe he is taking it all in as I'm sure you will as well. If you felt speaking to someone might help you can give the Macmillan Line a call and have a chat with them there to see if they can even put you in touch with any local support services for you both. 08088080000

Meanwhile I'm sending some huge big hugs your way for now.  

gail

Community Champion Badge