Strange situation after radical neph.

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Third day after op i was sitting in bed time to time looking on tv and sleeping and at same point i was awake by my wife punching my face and splashing my face whit water. I asked what happens ,she was crying telling me i was passing out whit rolled eyes and i was shacking and he was desperate to wake me up. Honestly i cant recall nothing i only remember i was sleeping and i remember she crying . I rush to hospital same day and the done plenty of tests on me but no one find nothing. Heart ok function ok everything ok I was 8 long hours sitting in emergency room doing tests and nothing so i was sent home . I stop taking painkillers named codeine phosfate or some like that and i fill beter Anyone had some similar???

• I had hallucinations after my partial nephrectomy. Some of the opiates such as morphine and codeine have these annoying side effects. It’s good you have a responsive partner looking after you.

• How are you feeling megdrim? 

• I stopped opiates and laxatives Suddenly my energy go up my appetite the same i eat drink almost like usual . I used two consecutive days enema (Fleet) at the same time in morning and third day i manage to do whiteout my bowel start working I had pains after night sleep on my back but its manageable. I walk in park 3-4 times around 30 min but whit stops for rest . And best think i start play computer games to pass time . Im day 6 after surgery. I worry only about  pathology results Because they keep telling me my tumor was contained inside kidney but on discharge paper its t3a and that means its outside as well

• Wow this sounds like your doing an amazing job! Take it each day slowly though. Do not push yourself too hard. Lots of rest which I thinK I should do more of, I took myself to bed at 1pm today and slept for 1hr.. since operation I've NOT listened to my body properly, rest and gentle walks are key to cure!! But I don't like venturing out too much as I feel guilty if work see me and think I'm ok. I know I'm not ok yet, mentally and physically.. and still have discomfort too. 
    when should you hear about the blood test? Try not to worry. Let us know when you received your results. 

• Its not not two people the same The key i think its to listen your body more careful If im feel tired i go to bed If i had energy i go to park if im hungry i eat I only try to dont force nothing In park if i feel any sign of tiredness i go back home in a sec. I follow my personal clock 

• Its usual to call me for ct scan after only two weeks from surgery? Or its something bad and they dont tell me

• I suspect they want the picture immediately after the op to use as a baseline going forwards and also to measure the success of the surgery. 

• I'd probably say they want a CT immediately to

measure success too. 

• How are you megdrim? 

• Im feel like nothing happen .Strength its back I drink eat and sleep like usually . Only the itchiness where i was cut remember me about surgery