Showering is tiresome

• 7 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi All, just had a lovely shower, washed my hair (I have very long hair ) I was /or felt that I was smelly! I'm sure I wasn't smelly as my lovely husband for sure would have pointed it  out if I was. Please tell me why a 10 minute shower routine has taken me 45mins!!! It's a joke! Now I'm exhausted and have my Doctors appointment this afternoon to check one incision and my chest as I have developed a weird cough over the past 3 days! I'm sure that it's nothing to worry about,but better to be safe than sorry! Especially with what we're going through. Also I think I'm seeing the GP who initially referred me for a 2ww back in April.. she initially thought with my symptoms sounded like IBS.. but alas no,  if she hadn't of referred me for an USS back then, I'd be none the wiser! So I am grateful I'm a way! Albeit it sometimes GPS don't refer and keep unnecessarily prescribing tablets

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies.

How did your appointment with the doctor go? I hope everything is okay but I'm sure the members of this forum will be very supportive if you have any issues.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• The appointment went ok thank you. I was very emotional in it, I kept apologising to the doctor but she said you have been through a traumatic time! You're healing. All emotions are totally normal! Take your time. She was lovely. She requested a chest X-ray due to the cough. Going for that this morning. I hope it's ok and that  I don't have the start of a chest infection looming!! Thank you for asking. 

• All the best for today 

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi JD19801,

Nice to meet you, unfortunately in here, hope you are coping well. I was diagnosed with stage 4 Kidney cancer in April, with lung mets. I am currently under The Christie at Manchester. Immunotherapy going well. I too have problems showering. I have very limited movement upper body as my tumour is quite large and must be pressing on my spine. I find it exhausting! 1 tip I did receive from my MacMillan nurse was not to dry of but put a robe round myself once I’ve finished showering and lie on the bed to dry of in the robe for 20 minutes. I feel much better doing this and a lot less tired. I hope this helps. Good luck. 

• Thank you. How are you doing other than the showering situation? 

• I’m ok, it was hard to tell my children when I found out and I feel more sorry for my wife and children than I do myself. I’ve always been a busy person with a physical job and finding not Being able to move around without aids very difficult, in fact that depresses more than the cancer! I’ve responded well to the treatment so far. I just want to get as many years as possible. I’m hopeful for the future and that’s how I’ve got to stay. This website and forums are a massive help. I hope you’re on the road to recovery and coping well. Speak soon and take care x