New Lazy Spa Hot Tub

• 4 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi all! I hope you are all as well as can be! 

I have Stage IV Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma with spread to local lymph nodes and both lungs.. I was diagnosed on March 30th, 2022 and started on Immunotherapy, consisting of Nivolumab and Ipilimumab in combination every 4 weeks. A scan after 3 months showed that it hadn't really done what we wanted it to do and I was swapped over to Cabozantinib 60mg. I lasted about a month at that dose until the side effects got so bad that they had to reduce the dose and i have been on the lower 40mg a day ever since.

The side effects at 40mg for me are tolerable and my quality of life has improved somewhat, compared to being on the 60mg dose.

Anyway... My wife and I have recently bought one of them Lazy Spa hot tubs on a whim... I am now only wondering if I can actually use it safely?! My skin has become a bit sensitive to heat so I guess we could lower the temperature to combat that... I'm just wondering if anyone on here has or are still using a hot tub whilst they are on Cancer treatment?

Thanks in advance for any replies! Slight smile

• I have no clue if safe. Do you have to put chemicals in the water? Know nothing about hot tubs but if so I’d be more concerned about those. Hot tub bit like a massive bath! 

• Hi Janet, thanks for the reply… Chlorine has to be added to the water so just like a swimming pool really? 

• Hi read your post and hope I can help similar to you stage 4 spread to both lungs ,spine and liver I had immunotherapy for 6 cycles then cabozentinb 60mg for 6 months and now on a combination of oral chemo tablets after the cabozentinb stopped working on me.

But throughout my treatment I have continued to swim at least twice a week ,my skin is normally dry but the cabozentinb did make my face and back red and a few spots and was given oxeteracylcline tablets which helped and use moisturizer of hands and face twice a day.

To cut a long story short yes enjoy the hot tub.

Hope it helps Ryan 

• Hi Still_Here!

I hope you are doing well on your new treatment! Thank you for the reply! I will now go and enjoy my wedding anniversary in the hot tub!! Thumbsup tone1