Trying to feel something

• 3 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Morning all, I had an appointment with urology yesterday (13th March) they confirmed I had cancer. Chronophobe they told me which is the second most common cancer, but they also told me when they removed my kidney everything was removed. So clinically speaking I am cancer free, I should feel ecstatic but I just feel numb and I feel awful for not feeling happy

• Hi Tryingtohope,

I was diagnosed in February with the same type of kidney cancer: chromophobe renal cell cancer. I had a partial nephrectomy on February 5. My urologist told me that Chromophobe is a less aggressive tumor than others and that the prognosis is very good.

Try not to force yourself to feel or not to feel something. Every emotion is okay! You have been through a lot: going under surgery and receiving a cancer diagnosis as a mother—it's not easy at all! I know because I have a 9-year-old son.

Now it's time to process and to take care of yourself! take your time keeping in mind that the worst part of the process (surgery and waiting for results) is done! 

• There are no rules to this, we are all different and think in different ways. One thing for sure it is a life changing thing. No one says how you should and shouldn’t feel and one day to the next may feel different.

Great news to hear that it’s all gone
    trying to hope 1 vs cancer 0 

• Thank you for your replies, I spoke to my children about it too. My daughter (12) didn’t really say much just went back up to her room to play on her phone, my son (9 nearly 10) had a little cry and gave me a hug he’s worried but I’ve reassured him I’m okay and I have a 3 year old son who doesn’t understand really