Pembrolizumab Anyone ?

• 5 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everyone,

During meeting with consultant post nephrectomy he expained, very well, that the cancer of my tumour that had been removed but that there were also some cancer cells present around the mouth of the vein that carries the cleaned blood from the kidney to the heart. He assured me that those cells were removed as they were within the capsule of the kidney and had been removed with it. As a precaution, in case some cells had passed through that vein in to other parts of my body he has recommended that i have immunotherapy. Pembrolizumab it's going to be.

Does anyone have experience of this ? And would they mind sharing their experience of it please.

Thanks....Del

• Pembro acts on the same antigens as Nivolumab (which I'm on, as are many many others here).  Bit of a "useless" aside, Smile

• Thanks Mmum aka Claire. I have an appointment for thursday with a Dr about this but i'm just trying to get some heads up before then. I think it,, Pembro, could work well for me as it is for bladder cancer as well which i've had.

The side effects list appears endless. Not sure how i'm going to fit that in with work (when i eventually return to work).

Thanks...Del.

• Indeed the side effects of all the immunotherapy drugs go on and on and on . . . .  and absolutely it's quite daunting reading them all.  But you won't get them all, perhaps the odd one or two.   They have to list everything they know might happen, along with a likelihood indicator.   

• I was on it for two years although not for kidney cancer, for peritioneal mesothelioma, I am still in remission (for mesothelioma) after been given just months to live 6 years ago I  didn’t have any side effects whatsoever 

good luck

• Fantastic to know. Thanks for that fatbouypne2.

Good for you that it seems to have worked so well.

Thanks again...Del.