Recently Diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi everyone,

It's taken me a while to get this far as last few weeks have been a whirlwind! Diagnosed recently stage 4 HER2 Positive, 2 tumours in breast and mets to liver, lungs and spine.

Had first chemo and feeling ok today so far. Treatment is Docetaxel, Phesgo and Denosumab.

If anyone else is on the same journey I would love to hear how effective these treatments can be. Holding onto hope for me, my children and family x

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with breast cancer which has spread. I haven't been in the same position as you but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for the other group members to see.

I can see that you've had replies to the same post in the breast cancer and secondary breast cancer forums which I hope you've found helpful.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing you all the best with your treatment

Anne

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I dont have cancer but my best friend does and I frequent this site a lot, for some answers so I can help her.

She has Inflammatory BC and is also BRCA2. She finished her chemo on ,Nov 10th, has had scans etc and is penned in for surgery on 13th Dec. She has hit almost every obstacle on the way. She had a MRI last week and unfortunately she is still stage 4, which upset her a lot. She has all sorts to contend with right now, she is neutropenic, she has PE and is allergic to everything that is trying to help her. She at thie minute is wanting another scan (which I think will come before radiotherapy) well we hopw. She has a PET scan which shown she has 2 tumours on her spine, they are still hoping are benign, she has anothe rlump between the breasts that is in a tube, they are hoping will be zapped with radiotherapy. She has to have radio therapy starting in Feb (we think) every day for 4 weeks, 
    She still has an awful lot of questions to ask and have answered. She has been so poorly all the way through this. She is only 35 and will also have to face a hysterectomy within the next couple of years! 

I cant comment on what treatment she was on, but the chemo she was firstly on reduced the tumour slightly and the lymphs reacted well to it too. They changed her drug half way through, this was effective in some parts but didnt change the tumour size and the lymphs stayed the same. She is having to have a lymphectomy too, which they will do during surgery next week. She is having both breasts off and has opted for reconstruction further down the line. Which I think is the best idea. Her body has rejected even some dressings, I think if she was to put anything alien (for want of a better word) her body would reject it and she would end up so very poorly again.

She has clots on her lungs so is on blood thinners, which is another scare for the surgeons as she could bleed out! She is having 2 surgeons performing the operation, so she isnt under anasthetic for such a long time, they are worried so much about her, as we all are! 

I hope you go on ok with the chemo and everything else happening with your body, chemo is horrid, ive seen it first hand. Take time to rest especially in your isolation weeks, recharge the batteries for the next lot, it weakens you so so much! 

The nurses and professionals on this forum are brilliant, I have messaged them a couple of times when I have needed help to try and help my friend. Which it has. Also people are very helpful too.

Take care I hope everything goes ok for you x