Starting chemo - which Texans?

• 1 reply
  • 6 subscribers

Hi there, This is my second primary breast cancer. Two years ago I was diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma EP +ve HER -ve. Last month’s biopsy of remaining breast becoming more red and swollen showed it to be IBC HER +ve. I start chemo next week. With HER targeted drugs, Cyclophosphamide and Docetaxel or Paclitaxel. I cannot decide on which of the Taxanes to have. My blood pressure dropped critically low on Docetaxel in 2018 and I ended up in hospital for 4 days and the pain in joints was terrible after the injections. However I did recover each time. After two doses of Docetaxel they switched me to Paclitaxel which really wore me down; did not shrink the tumour; and gave me very painful neuropathy. Oh dear, which of these two poisons would be better for me. Any comments please. I have two days to decide, as start chemo next week. Thank you.

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your recent diagnosis of inflammatory breast cancer is the second time you've had to deal with cancer.

I can't help with any experience of which of the chemotherapy treatments would be better for you but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. 

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post your question in the main breast cancer group's chemotherapy thread. If this is something you'd like to do then clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"