27 inflammatory breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi all,

Looking for anyone around 27 or under 30 who has been diagnosed or anyone who has had IBC. Please shed some positive light  - all I tend to hear is ‘oh you are young!’ 

I was diagnosed back in November after discovering lump under left breast in September month after followed by swelling, alot of pain and then redness. Back and forth from GP as not easy to diagnose, they thought matisis, so prescribed antibiotics and eventually refered for a scan. (Not got kids) Started chemo after 2 weeks of diagnosis and nearly finished. Tumour has shrunk from 7cm to around half the size. Due to have Diep flap surgery followed by radiotherapy. My diagnosis is ER+/PR-/HER2-, in lymph nodes. No family history, genetics show no BRCA gene. 

Would be great to hear from anyone who has similar diagnosis and positive stories. You can never be too young!!! Xx

• Hi  

I'm not in the age bracket you're looking for, and had a different type of breast cancer, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi, sorry that you are going through this. Can i ask if CT and bone scan was requested too, as they found it in my lymph nodes so now I done these scans waiting for results. Really worried atm. im 36 ER Positive her2 negative  grade 3 stage 2/3.