Can someone help

• 1 reply
  • 5 subscribers

Hi I joined this group to ask about inflammatory breast cancer but first I'll give a little introduction because it's a bit random to join a group just to check something instead of going to the GP. 

My name is Jade, I am 23, I have been on the Macmillan online support for three years, My dad was diagnosed with throat cancer and in my panic state I joined the online community asking for help and advice, this place was a massive help for me and my sister for helping to take care of our dad. 

My dad is now terminal and we're doing the best we can to make the most of it, I went onto to antidepressants to cope and I'm doing much better, so that's the run down, so straight down to the nitty gritty of why I'm posting here. 

My younger sister developed a rash on her breast about a week ago, it came up very suddenly and it's very angry. She has severe anxiety and most days will not leave the house, trying to get her to go to a GP is nigh on impossible, I've tried before using several tactics including fear mongering in desperate situations to no avail. 

I think I'm probably being paranoid, but I can't help it, we're still fighting through our dad's battle and I might be jumping to conclusions but we just want some peace of mind. 

Thankyou so much in advance.

• Hi, sorry to hear you and your family have had so much to deal with, that’s a lot for you and I am so glad you find this community to be so supportive.

Honestly, it’s very difficult to judge what might be causing your sister’s rash and your GP is the best solution. Is there a chance you can call the GP surgery and get a call back to discuss it with them? That might be a good first step. Wishing you luck 

Community Champion badge