Right itchy nipple and painful right breast

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 2 subscribers

I have just recently had a mammogram and ultrasound of my right breast and nipple because of itching and pain and nothing was found. A biopsy wasn’t taken and I was told scans were clear but I’m back to square one because I’ve still got the pain and itching and I’m not sure what is causing this. I know I need to go back to my GP for help but what should I do next? Should I request a second opinion at another breast clinic? Any advice would be very gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

• Hi Reeba,

I'm sorry you are struggling to get an answer to your pain and itching.  I'm no expert but if I were you and it was possible to get a second opinion I probably would just to put my mind at ease.  It's unlikely that there is anything to worry about as I really do think it would have been picked up after your mammogram and ultrasound but if you need a second opinion to stop worrying then that's what I would do.

You should definitely go back to your GP and see what they advise and what else can be done to work out and treat the pain and itching.

Wishing you all the best.

xx