Lynch

• 5 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Hello to all Lynchies

I was diagnosed as having LS MSH6 last year after colon cancer in 2019. I had an extended right hemicolectomy no stoma and returned to work. Life being a lot different!! 3 years previously I had endometrial cancer and had BSO and went back to work. Then May this year I was diagnosed with breast cancer (I’m a member on the TNB forum) and presently under going 6 months chemo/then  radiotherapy 

im on 2 yearly surveillance/colonoscopy and am grateful to have that. Just need my sons to get tested now

The only other praise for having genetic testing when there is a known gene mutation is that hopefully we can all catch cancers early before they get out of control. 

• Hi

Wouldn't it be great if we could get to a stage where all cancers can be detected early.

It must be a worrying time arranging for your sons to be tested for the gene mutation that you carry. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they are negative.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• It would be wonderful already there are great advances. 
    My brother and sister also need genetic testing. Just seems to take forever to get to being seen. 
    Keeping my fingers crossed for them all x

• Hi Poodlegirl. I've just been diagnosed with MSH6, after endometrial cancer six months ago. How are you keeping?

• Hi Sabine,Hope you’ve recovered from the shock but now you’ll have surveillance colonoscopies regularly and will be looked after. Knowledge is power for us all. Have a look on Lsuk it’s very informative. I rang The Bell last Monday ,been a very long twelve months,now time to move forward and live   
    All the best to you and your family 

• Yes, I have recovered from the shock, thanks. It took a few days of getting used to it. It's just a bit strange that LS was not mentioned, just that I have an MSH6 gene mutation. I had to figure that out for myself.  

Well done on ringing The Bell. What a relief for you. Enjoy time with your family and look forward to the future. Xx