Having a 'wobble' today!

• 3 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi all, I received a copy of a letter my consultant surgeon sent to my GP. That described what was found in pathology, along with what I already knew there was a part that I didn't know, which said, that the cancerous lymph node that was extracted was, "unfortunately associated with extra capsular spread", and I heard that that reduces the prognosis by 27% to 33% so, I must admit there were a few tears.  I try to keep positive but sometimes it can be hard.  Thanks for listening.

Hugs to you all

Hazel x

• I heard that that reduces the prognosis by 27% to 33% so, I must admit there were a few tears. 

Try not to worry. I know that seems simply words but ….. 

It’s why you have been allocated to group C in Pathos. The RT will take care of any stray cancer cells 
    When the surgeon does a neck dissection they do t go looking for lymph nodes. Thats impossible. A good amount of tissue round the nodes is taken and the likelihood of clear margins is good. 
    Ask your consultant. DOn’t  rely on Google that doesn’t have sight of your clinical notes. 
    I was HPV positive but an ex smoker who enjoyed a more than occasional glass of wine. Even though I had given up smoking ten years before my cancer appeared Google gave me a reduced life.  Here I am nearly six years later. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I was HPV positive but an ex smoker who enjoyed a more than occasional glass of wine. Even though I had given up smoking ten years before my cancer appeared Google gave me a reduced life.  Here I am nearly six years later. 

Thanks Dani, you always help me think more positively.  I appreciate it.

Hugs

Hazel x

• I feel for you 

I have had months of  Investigations  and  a couple  of  the  Letters in the early  days have been completely  different  to what was Explained to me and it really  does knock you back