Heavy cold

• 9 replies
  • 35 subscribers

Hi guys 

I have had cold now for two weeks and I have a fever and temperature, it is stopping me getting food down even yogurt and semolina. I am concerned because I am losing weight and as you know that is not good.  
I have also been sick 3 times this week and I would be very grateful for any advice thank you. Lillian xxx

• Hi Lillian, have you contacted your GP? 

Fab1

• Yes. GP. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Not yet Fab but my gps are rubbish, hence my very late diagnosis. They usually send me to A&E without even seeing me. I am just taking soluble paracetamol and hoping it subsides. 
    I am just concerned about losing weight and struggling to get even the thinnest of foods down. 

Lillian xxx

I have had a cold for 2 weeks and the last couple of days I have been running a fever and temperature. 
    I am taking soluble paracetamol but I am struggling to get even yogurt and semolina down. 
    I know that it will have to run its course but I have lost weight and I am concerned that if it doesn’t go away I will lose even more weight. I am literally drained and so weak and  I would be grateful for any advice. 

Thankyou Lillian xx 

• I ended up in A&E 3 times earlier this year,each time for at least 11 hours each time, only to be admitted which to me was unnecessary all because my GP wouldn’t see me. They know they were to blame for the late diagnosis as I first mentioned the lump in my neck 3 years prior to diagnosis.  

Lillian xxx

I have had a cold for 2 weeks and the last couple of days I have been running a fever and temperature. 
    I am taking soluble paracetamol but I am struggling to get even yogurt and semolina down. 
    I know that it will have to run its course but I have lost weight and I am concerned that if it doesn’t go away I will lose even more weight. I am literally drained and so weak and  I would be grateful for any advice. 

Thankyou Lillian xx 

• Hi Lilian. I know you are struggling to eat. I have just been talking to somebody else on this forum about being below par all the time and often ill because they are nutritionally deficient. 
    Have  I mentioned getting a Vitamix before? 
    You can blitz a proper meal and get a balanced diet so that you can cope with recovery? Can you stretch to a private nutrition consult? 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Dani, I have a Ninja blender but at the moment I am even struggling to get my fortisips down.  I think it is all due to the cold but I will contact the GP on Monday and see what happens. 
    I can afford a private consultation but my eating was improving till I got this blessed cold.  Thank you for your support and advice I really appreciate it. 
    Lillian xxx

Thankyou Lillian xx 

• Hi Lillian there is a lot of Covid going around have you any tests. There are anti virals that some g ps give out ? Just a thought 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• I think I do have a test left so I will do it in the morning, thanks for your suggestion Hazel. I don’t know why I didn’t think of doing a test myself because it is on the move where I live. 
    Cheers, Lillian xx

Thankyou Lillian xx 

• Hi Lillian no problem just thought it might be saw in news that a new variant is around  we are away at the moment in-the sun. 
    hugs Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help