Second Surgery Done

• 8 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Just an update to say that I had my 2nd surgery done on Monday the 23rd September, more tonsil tissue removed and a Neck Dissection.  Woke up in the ward and didn't sleep a wink all night (too much going on.)  The next day I was discharged!  I have to have the staples removed on Saturday 28th September (just 5 days after surgery.)  Then, I have my follow-up appointment on Thursday the 10th September to hear the results of pathology and to find out if I need further treatment!  the surgeon/consultant seems to think I may have to have sone RT, but won't know until the results are back.  Fingers crossed all will be well Fingers crossed

Hugs to all.

Hazel x

• Hi Hazel thanks for update if you do need radiotherapy there’s enough of us on here who have walked the walk will happily help with tips. 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

•   Fingers crossed all will be well

My fingers are crossed for you as well

Path results are being done nice and quickly too

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Yes, thanks Hazel.  This is always my first port of call, I'm afraid to say that my assigned 'cancer nurse' has been no use at all, she never answers her phone and when I leave a message, she never returns it so I've given up on her.

Hugs

Hazel x

• My fingers are crossed for you as well

Thanks Dani and it's good to know that Path results are coming through quickly too.  Take care.

Hugs

Hazel x

• she never answers her phone and when I leave a message, she never returns it so I've given up on her.

You should bring this up with your consultant at next review

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • I did mention it to him once and he just said, oh that's unusual for her?  But I'e not mentioned it to him since.

Hugs

Hazel x

• I did mention it to him once and he just said, oh that's unusual for her?  But I'e not mentioned it to him since.

Mine was always around somewhere at my reviews. Catch her and make sure you have the right contact details 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • make sure you have the right contact details 

I do have the right details because she says who she is on her outgoing answerphone message.  It's fine, there is a good support unit for cancer patients at my hospital, so I can go there if needed, but I mostly just come on here and talk to people who have actually gone through it themselves.  I think that no matter how good medical staff are you can't beat talking to someone who actually knows exactly what you are going through.  I'm having my staples out today!  Thanks Dani, hope you're good.

Hugs Hazel x