Prostrate cancer

• 2 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Well I’m a cancer survivor because last year I had jaw cancer stage 4 I went through the whole process , still need dentures fitted to my mouth, still feeding mostly by peg feeds find it hard to swallow buts, but this isn’t about me it’s about my husband who today has found out he has prostrate cancer. How unlucky are we ?  Up es been told there is no treatment needed at this stage as it’s a very low count although he will need medication for the prolific urinatng. 
can anyone tell me if he can claim anything as we were given a grant for my cancer and if being retired he can claim any benefits ? Just wanting to see if because it’s not a stage one yet if he can x tia 

• Hi Tiadora sorry don’t know answer. Just wanted to send a hug. Sometimes life’s a b….. hope he’s ok. I do know a few who have had prostrate and are living with it so to speak. 

hugs Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Sorry to hear about the prostate diagnosis. I know that many men can live with low grade cancer for years so fingers crossed this is. 

Most sickness benefits are for  people in work which is understandable. You might be entitled to some sort of carers allowance. 
    Please phone the MacMillan support line at the bottom of my post. Somebody will guide you to the help that is available. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge