30 radiotherapy sessions done!

• 33 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I have got through 30 sessions with the bloody mask - I wobbled a few times but kept going forward. 

Now to recuperation and getting back to full health

'It's a marathon not a sprint'

Thanks for all your support guys Heart

• Well done Dawn. Put your head down and look after yourself. Xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • well done, remember don't rush it... you've been through a lot but you're on the right side of it.  you will have side effects.. it's going to happen, so don't let it stress you out.. you know where we are if you need us.  again, well done!Clap tone1 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Thank you for this post.  I loved logging in today and reading this.  I’m 10 sessions down and woke up today with small ulcers on my tongue. The thought of Monday is not filling me with joy but reading everything from you all really does help .

thank you to all who take the time to support all of us coming behind Pray tone1

Allana 

• If you're struggling with ulcers you may want to give this a try..GENGIGEL FIRST AID ORAL FLUID.. you'll have to pay for it, but it worked wonders for me during treatment.. it may be worth a try, if you have nothing that is working for you.. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Hi Allana

You're motoring on through the treatment, you will be surprised at how quickly sessions pass....enjoy your weekends off....make sure you have plenty of pain meds for weekends and bank hols...

Peter

• .  I’m 10 sessions down and woke up today with small ulcers on my tongue. The thought of Monday is not filling me with joy

That’s about par for the course. Do tell your rt team how you are feeling every day. They will liaise with your CNS to make sure you have everything you need. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you, today is the first they have made an appearance so will mention it on Monday.

the hospital did give me two different things for dry mouth but not ulcers.  They are quite small so fingers crossed . 

• Thanks Peter

yip one third of the way through .  I did buy and now started taking some paracetamol today.  Hoping that will keep me covered till Monday.