Last Update (21/05) - Ho Hum, Seconds out - Round 4!

• 191 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Well, just shy of 4 years since diagnosis and I'm once again on the operating table.  This is becoming an annual event.  However this time it looks 80-90% like a tumour.  A week to wait for the panendoscopy and then a couple of weeks for the histology and MDT.  My neck has been feeling "different" (not painful or anything concerning) for a month.  Routine check-up and not looking good.  Offered a PET scan but I've opted for biopsy to confirm then scans to see the extent.  Early days, but as it is in a similar location to a previous round (2) I will probably opt for surgery as before and hope for clear margins avoiding RT once again.  Somehow I don't think this one will disappear before the main surgery like the last one did.

As ever - updated text in the thread below.

• Heavens Peter...not again. Is this in a lymph node? Let us know how you get on and fingers crossed

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks.  It's a lump around the tonsils/base tongue.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hi Peter. 4 years wow that times soon gone round. In a way I hope you get a postive result from the biopsy and the blighter doesn’t bugger iff again. Keep in touch we’re all with you 

hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Well I hope they can operate and not put you through RT

Let us know what happens, Peter.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Peter

I am so sorry to hear that you are in for another round of surgery. The uncertainty must be so frustrating for you. Let's hope that they get to the bottom of things this time round. I was just shy of 5 years after my first op when I got another cancer so I know how disappointing it can be.

Do you have a date for your surgery yet? At least they are on top of things fairly quickly so that should give you a good result. I do hope you can get  away without radiotherapy.

Thinking of you.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Hi Peter, sorry to hear you are having to go through all this again. Fingers crossed they will get it all this time.

Ray

• 1 November.  I could have had it this Friday, but I've things to do with one of the grandchildren as it is half term here

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Sorry to hear your news Peter.  Best wishes for your surgery next week.   

• Hi Peter. Sorry to hear your news. You’ve always been such a help and a great stalwart in here and certainly helped me keep things in perspective in those early, dark days. I hope diagnosis doesn’t take too long and that if you have to have treatment that it’s as minor as possible. Sending positive thoughts your way. 
    All the best, M

• Good luck with your surgery tomorrow Peter

June