Any given Sunday.

• 10 replies
  • 35 subscribers

So Sunday arrived, MRI day. Spent a "pleasant" Sunday morning having an MRI, first major step on the journey. Noisy is an understatement, a very clever bit of kit that some muppet through in a random noise generator just to make it more interesting!!. But all done and awaiting next step which for me is a CT scan, which will hopefully be done in the next week or so.

Also broke the news to my Son (21) on Sunday, luckily we had a bit of a family get together so he had his step Mum, auntie and sister to help. He's worried but we will all do this together and start and finish the journey as a family. I'm luck to have their support. Also told some close friends , offers of help and support form them all which is nice and a good feeling.

Work (Boss)  are also aware as are my colleagues and again loads of support. Me, well I'm kind of pushing on and staying focused, as much as you can do. I think the waiting is the worst, to much time to think and wonder. I'm beginning to focus on post op rather than the treatment, the op is what it is, as many people have said tongue cancer treatment is very successful I'm fairly easy with it, but it's post op that is, not a cause for concern but becoming a source of questions. How long? will it be bed rest? How long before i can do stuff?, I'll have a list by the time i get to Addenbrookes in the nest few weeks.

So nearly a week since my initial diagnosis, it's been a roller coaster but it's moving forward. Thanks to all of you who have shared your stories and comments since my initial post. As a very good friend (Cancer survivor, but sadly no longer here ) of mine once said "No Surrender" 

• 'm beginning to focus on post op rather than the treatment, the op is what it is, as many people have said tongue cancer treatment is very successful I'm fairly easy with it, but it's post op that is, not a cause for concern but becoming a source of questions.

Hi  

Good to hear you’ve got the MRI out of the way. The CT is a doddle in comparison 

Post op depends on what the treatment will be. I suppose the plan depends on the results so far

Best wishes and let us know how you get on. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • HinYes the mri s are noisy ,the ct scan  piece of cake in comparison. When yiuve got yiur treatment plan pop on and we will be abke to help with timescales. I only had biopsy followed by chemo radiation was never bed bound I napped a lot. The waiting’s the worst part te friends and Family delegate  and take up any offers of help

Best wishes Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Well CT scan all done last week, had appointment last Wed, got a phone call last Tuesday.....cancelled (admin issue!!) rebooked for this coming Wed (8th). I was a little scuppered, things had been progressing then get to wait another week. Ah well stress levels climbed a bit for both my wife and me, but that's the way it goes I guess. See what Wed brings, must admit and as I'm sure people here will agree its the waiting and the onwards direction that's stressful. My Wife has been brilliant and supportive as has all my family, friends and colleagues so as they say see  what wed brings "wait out"

• Good luck Fingers crossed and hugs 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • It sucks when they do that too you.  I've had it when the pathology or scan results are late for the clinic.  In the end it is better to have everything prepared and planned correctly than rush into a mess.  Sometimes you have to take charge of the situation rather than letting the hospital admin run it's course.  Make friends with the booking clerk!

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Good luck from me. Yes it’s the waiting game. Hugs, just keep busy Wednesday will soon be here xx

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Good luck for Wednesday.

• As people have said, the CT scan is easy. Funny feeling when they put in the contrast agent but that disappears quickly. It is all pretty quick and silent. Best of luck with the outcome. 

Mike 

• Well, scans all done, initial consult all done, pre op all done ready to go......almost Op has been rescheduled by 48 hrs. Not long but feels like a life time again So readjust, rearrange and just wait out I guess. Feeling relatively  ok at the moment, not to apprehensive just being busy with stuff. Work are really good and have allowed me some breathing space and eased up on my work load. 

Still feeling a little unsure of post op, but we will face all that once I'm out of theatre. In the mean time its a mince pie feast (not sure they blend well ).

• Hi just keep busy and eat mince pies now as like you say they do t blend well. But you can get mince  pie flavoured ice cream !

good luck with op Spanx keep in touch 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz