Year gone and I would like to go for holiday ..

• 13 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi Slight smile

A year since I finished my treatment - T4N3M0 Nasopharyngeal cancer.

I got all clear last November. Still have my PEG as my diet is almost no existing - I am reading a lot how you guys doing and feel sorry about myself - I should push myself harder !!.

I have neuropathy but life is good :)

I always look for support , advice from you: I do not write often - if so always moaning !!:) ,but I am reading a lot and it is so helpful .

Thank you .

My partner and I would like to Tunisia but I cannot find cheap insurance - any tips ?

Love you all x

• A holiday would do wonders for you. I have always used Insurancewith for travel insurance, they are very good for those of us, who have had or got cancer. All the best.

Ray.

• Hi. We used Staysure when I went on holiday with my PEG. I also needed a letter from my dietician to be able to carry feed through security as over 100mls. The letter and the bottles were passed around a few people behind the security desk for about 10 mins then handed back. I  had my tube swabbed and had to go through the scanner in UK but walked straight through security in Spain. I gave myself a bolus feed in burger King at the airport and nobody seemed to notice . I would definitely recommend asking dietician for a powder version of your feed due to weight/ bulk in suitcase- or as someone mentioned on here, try to get feed prescription arranged to pharmacy at destination. 

Have a lovely holiday x

• I use insurewith - website is easy to navigate & price is good

• Hi long time no hear but yes deffo holiday will be good for you. I use staysure they cover me for long stays  without it costing an arm and a leg. Insure and go are also good. Keep trying to eat soft food’s determination goes a long way you might surprise yourself. 
    Hazel c

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• I use staysure

What happens after the five years? Do you get a better premium. I guess you still have to declare it though, eh?

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Dani. Yes still had to be declared and because there’s a question have  you seen a consultant in last 2 years that in a way extends the risk for  another 2 years. I actually had this conversation last week with 4 insurance companies as our policy is up for renewal after Christmas. So we are penalised for our check ups !!! So unfair but can’t do anything about it. I was on phone for ages I’ve had no medication prescribed that can be attributed to cancer apart from omaprozole only have scopes. Even after I can  answer the question no in 2 years time the cancer will still have to be declared. Sone are 10 years some don’t have time limitations. So yes the cancer that keeps on giving. Ok I could travel on gj1c card but in the small print on that paperwork online it’s fir emergency only which is open to interpretation. Spain  will always treat you but that’s not to say they won’t bill you. 
    Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi Dani I don't think there is ever a time, you don't have to declare medical conditions. Most of them ask have you ever had a medical condition.

• So yes the cancer that keeps on giving.

Looks like might bloomin well outlive me!

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge