Ultrasound 4 years post-treatment

• 41 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi all 

I haven't been active in the forum for a while as doing well in my remission - Stage 2b R tonsil cancer HPV 16+, surgery and adjuvant chemoradiation completed in Aug 2019.

Attended for routine OPA today and consultant thinks he felt something on my R side - for reassurance is requesting ultrasound. Scope all clear, no obvious swellings etc 

Anyone eelse faced anything similar? 

TIA 

• Hi Hazel, Dani & Popsicle,

Ultrasound booked for Tues 22nd Aug in the evening - will let you know how I get on x 

• Fingers crossed. Try not to worry too much. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi as Dani says try not to think about it. Keep busy stressing about it won’t alter the outcome .fingers and toes crossed. 
    Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Good luck KMJ mine is on 21st in the afternoon. I’m keeping everything crossed for both of us and sending so many positive thoughts to you xxxx

• Oh that's great news! Please let me know how you get on x  take care x 

• Fingers crossed for both of you.

• Good luck Popsicle and KMJ - I'll be thinking of you on the day

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• It absolutely sucks doesn’t it? I’m 3 years since diagnosis next week and casually turned up for a routine check about 3 weeks ago.  As they pulled the scope out of my nose they spotted an ‘abnormality’ up my right nostril.  The consultant was called into the room for a second opinion and said they really should check it out. Needless to say, my blood ran cold.
    Result, straight to the pre-op dept and booked in for an ‘urgent biopsy’ under general anaesthetic within two weeks. So, I was in as a day patient on Wednesday. They were very thorough (they told me I was under for 40 minutes!) but reassured me afterwards it was only some swelling, probably due to an allergen. The sample still has to go to pathology but I’m 99% reassured it’s all ok.
    I’ve had two weeks of worry and imagined symptoms but at the end of the day I’m glad, and impressed, that they took it so seriously and acted so quickly. I really do feel your pain but it seems these ‘bumps in the road’ are part of the experience for most of us who’ve had the misfortune to find ourselves in here.
    Wishing you both all the best for a positive outcome. 

• I’ve had two weeks of worry and imagined symptoms but at the end of the day I’m glad, and impressed, that they took it so seriously and acted so quickly.

Phew! That's great news, Mark.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge