Faintly amusing

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

After my treatment (35 x radio; 2 x chemo) my beard largely stopped growing. It was largely grey anyway so you could hardly see even a week's growth. In the last few weeks (5 months on from treatment) the growth above my upper lip has come back strongly and it's black. i now have an almost permanent Hitler moustache - which is faintly amusing and quite appalling at the same time!

The positive thing I take from it is that it shows how the body does regenerate. Just wish it would hurry up with my taste buds and my saliva glands.

J

• Hi J, I have a similar story, before my treatment started, I had quite a thick grey goatee, by the time treatment had finished, it was a mere wisp of it's former self. When it did start to grow back after a while, it was much darker in colour, it even prompted my son to ask me if I had coloured it. Your taste buds and saliva glands will recover, just hang in there, it all happens in time. All the best.

Regards Ray.

• I have noticed the same I finished by chemo/radio in dec 2020 and since then my facial hair still grows very slowly in fact I only have to shave once every couple of days. As the radio was on both sides of my neck but was concentrated on mostly on the right side and since then I only have dandruff on the left hand side-weird. it took about 12 months to get my taste full back.

Terry