PEG now fitted.....OUCH!!

• 8 replies
  • 32 subscribers

I had no.idea how painful this would be.  Any movement is like being knifed in the guts.  It's a real problem,  as doing anything pulls on stomach wall.

Anyway, radiotherapy starts on Monday, so here we go..

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me so far. I had no idea just how wonderful everyone is.  All of you in the community have been and are amazing; the radiotherapy staff are so kind and supportive; and the oncology team are the best.  This is truly tough, but without support, I have no idea how I could have managed. 

Thanks to everyone. 

Andrew 

• Hi Andrew, the pain from the PEG should ease off in a few days. Good luck with your treatment. If you have any questions you can always ask on here, someone will come back with an answer if they can. all the best.

Regards Ray.

• Hi Andrew. Ray is spot on. It will settle in a few days just take your pain killers. 
    Good luck with your RT. Just shout when you need a little help. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Andrew As Ray and Dani have said keep on top of pain killers , your tummy will be swollen I understand they blow air into it prior to putting peg in If you’re having chemo as well remember your  mask may be tight from all the saline that’s pumped into you during chemo infusion. You can do this we did and now nearly 4 years later happily living my life. 
    Any help just shout out. Remember painkiller and you’ll need laxido or movicol. 
    Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• I also had a lot of pain till i changed to a monarch one and felt nothing

• It’s my last 3 cycle of chemo tomorrow and after that I will have chemo radiotherapy so PEG will be fit soon…

bit tired and scare but I will fighting for me and my family…and you are right Andrew , I have so much good advice ond support here . 

barbara 

• Hi Barbara Take it one day at a time , babybsteps. The peg keep on top of pain medication I didn’t have one but it soon settles down from what others have said. Keep on top of pain meds and before you know it you’ll be through treatment. 
    Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Andrew, effectively you have been stabbed. As others suggest the pain will ease. I used the peg for 8 weeks. Had the peg removed 3 months after treatment. All the best.