Voice box cancerous.

• 3 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi,Bucephalus here,I recently requested advice on my having cold feet on having voice box  Radiotherapy and the side effects.Many thanks to all who replied.After many sleepless days and nights, I had a word with James Cook Hospital and arranged a meeting to find out what exactly was involved in my treatment.,rather than frightening the ×××× out of me,reading the booklets,which as it happens cover all head and neck cancers and may not be specific to your own..Also spoke to my doctor and together we made a list of questions,I.e OTHER TREATMENTS.Spoke to a group of experts,who answered all my questions and really put my mind at ease.Being fit makes it easier,milder side effects.Also learned not all of them applied in my case.Still not a walk in the park,but a lot more comforting.As they say NO PAIN,NO GAIN.I am going ahead now with a positive mood and remember they are always there for you and have come across these fears before.They have the expertise to alleviate them.YOU are really not alone.Its natural to be scared of the unknown.Please dont worry yourself into a "TIZZY" like I did.Help is available,talk to the experts,people who have gone through it.This online community can be of great benefit,just like it was for me.Once again thankyou all.Take care and look after yourselves--THINK POSITIVE AND NEVER LOSE HOPE.

REGARDS.

BUCEPHALOUS.

• Hi Bucephalous 

I certainly remember your first post  

Thats a great result. Comes down to the fact that only your medics know what your treatment plan will be. We fellow sufferers can advise you on all sorts of things like coping strategies and diet and lend a hand and shoulder when you are low 

I hope everything goes well for you and let us know how you get on if you’re up to it 

Well done and don’t forget there is always somebody to help and support you here 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Bucephalous

I am so glad that you are feeling more positive about your situation. It certainly does pay to do some research with those who know and ask lots of questions of your medical team. As you say they are the ones with the experience and knowledge  and not everything about head and neck cancers apply to all  cases.

Good luck with your treatment .

Lyn

Sophie66

• Brill I was led by my oncologist I trusted him snd my team ti get me through along with my positive mental attitude,

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help