• 6 replies
  • 141 subscribers

Hello everyone my name is Anne70 and I'm new to the group 

My husband had a Laragyctomy a year ago due to cancer   a few months ago he was diagnosed with stage 4 tongue cancer .

• Hi Anne 

Tough times for your husband and yourself, this forum is a good place to come for support and sound advice, most on here have also been through the toughest of times, ask anything anytime, always someone about.

Take care 

Peter 

• Hi Anne sorry you’ve found yourself on the cancer merry go round with your husband once again. If you can  give us a bit more info on his diagnosis we can help. Has a treatment plan been mentioned tongue cancer can be at front side or base if tongue. Has hpv virus been mentioned. 
    Hugs 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• My husbands isn't virul , he had 4 1/2 weeks of intensive radiotherapy and was admitted to hospital due to 3 major bleeds which was due to his tumor bleeding , we nearly lost him last weekend , his cancer is at the base of his tongue , they managed to control it with medication and he hasn't had a bleed for 5 days since the medication was stopped , the oncologist is going to do a course of immunotherapy 

• Thanks Anne for replying . Hope immunotherapy gives you both some quality  time. I’ve a friend whose recently completed 2 years of immunotherapy his had spread to lung mets from tonsils and  recent scans are showing the tumours are stable and reduced in size. 
    Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• So sorry  that this has come to be. You might find some extra support talking to other people caring for loved ones who have incurable cancer. We have a section Here for carers in general and Here for others caring for people with incurable cancer. I hope the immunotherapy buys you both some time. It can work really well for some of us. Hugs

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi, Anne, sorry to hear your husband and you are having to go through all this again, I really hope the immunotherapy works out for him. We are all here to listen and answer any questions you have.

Ray.