Help with head and neck cancer . Draining lymph nodes

• 23 replies
  • 142 subscribers

Please does anyone no the right way to drain lymph nodes from my neck down past my left shoulder . Thank you 

Barry 

• best to get in touch with your CNS to arrange an appointment at a lymphoedema clinic.. if possible.. there are vids on the internet, but still think you'd be better off getting 'hands on' advice.

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Loz îs spot on

Get a lymphodema clinic appointment to get shown how to do it properly. All hospitals have them so your CNS will know

I had some under my chin after my RT. I knew the lymph nodes at the back of my ears were intact so I stroked the fluid away up to there. It worked really well. It might not be the same for you if you are moving the lymph downwards.

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks for reply . I've not got a CNS anymore I have been discharged . I will look it up on you tube 

Thanks again beau

Ps23

• even though you've been discharged, they haven't abandoned you.. you can still contact them with any concerns, and they will sort you out..

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Okay thank you

Barry 

• I do daily self lymphatic drainage. The Lymphodema Support Network, on YouTube have an excellent video. It’s a guy being shown how to do it. I also go to a trained therapist in this field and she does the same on me. I do this once a month but am cutting back as I’m getting good results doing it myself.

I also got a neck compression  through the NHS which is brilliant. 30 minutes to an hour of wearing it and it’s all drained. 

so using the above and Dani’s method for in between I have reduced my Lymphodema to a fraction of what it was in a few months.  Dani’s method is great as I’ll do this throughout the day when sitting in the car, or watching a movie. 

• I follow you but move mine downwards towards my collar bone and chest. 

• Thank you for this . I will take a look . Where did you get the neck drainage neck band from . Thanks 

Barry 

• Hello Barry

look up Comfiwave On hadhealth . Com. I got mine free via the NHS but they’re about 114 if you go via Haddamham   You need to be fitted for one as they have various sizes. 

https://www.lymphshop.com/comfiwave-neck/

• Hi Barry

You have most of the information.  The YouTube videos indicated are really good.  This link was sent to my by my Lymphoedema nurse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTVcQAnyZw

I too have the Haddenham Comfiwave Neck and can totally recommend it.  It made a massive difference to me.  I had to purchase mine but there was a discount and you can tell them you are disabled and save the VAT.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey