Nasopharyngeal

• 6 replies
  • 124 subscribers

Hi all my husband finished treatment for nasopharyngeal t4n2m0 last August he had a pet scan 2 weeks ago they rung yesterday to say we want to see him we are so worried they are going to say distant mets does this happen a lot, what else could it be 

• what else could it be 

I don’t think distant mets are  common with NPC 

It’s awful having to wait and speculate. Hopefully it’s just a follow up to discuss the results and tell him there is no evidence of disease. Fingers crossed. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you for replying, I hope so, when we rang to see if results was in they said we write to your doctor or ring for you to come in, so we are thinking if rang there is a problem  Fingers crossed tone1

• Hi from my experience they prefer to tell you the result as face to face. I wouldn’t read anything into the call to come in. In my experience it’s how the majority of us are told our results. I don’t recall anyone's g p being written to with such important results. The consultants have the bad news in the first place of telling us we’ve got cancer they like to tell us the good news that treatment has worked. Fingers x and try not to worry 

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thank you, thought could just tell us on phone if good instead, awful waiting x

• They prefer to tell us face to face at least my trust  does that way they can then explain what happens next re follow ups etc.

. It’s the waiting game sadly we have to wait for results at the start and the end. As Dani says I don’t know anyone with nasopharyngeal who had distant mets. Neil a guy who I met my first week of treatment is like me 6 years almost  post treatment he had nasopharyngeal cancer as well. 
    hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thank you for replying most helpful you help a lot on here seems forever finished treatment August hopefully good news Thursday Fingers crossed tone1