enquiry

• 12 replies
  • 131 subscribers

hello, 

i just wanted to know if anyone has been through or going through, the same, i shall be starting the radiotherapy for the throat cancer in a couple of weeks, but at the same time will be carrying on with the chemo, just wondered if anyone else has been through that and could give me an idea of what to expect, bit nervous having the both at the same time and what to expect with it, thank you in advance 

• Hi Ichi

At this point it will feel overwhelming thats how we all felt for many of us its the most difficult time before the treatment starts as you are going into the unknown.

I felt so calmer and less anxious once it had started as the treatment was fighting the cancer .

Please contact your Cancer Nurse at the Hospital and ask her to help you organise transport( ours is free) to and from your appointments. She can also help you with support and any cancer charities offering the same in your area.

Contact any friends or good neighbours who could also check in  or help in other ways.

Your GP surgery may also be able to help and community groups can be found at your local library.

This group ( especially Hazel and Dani) Helped me to get to this point and I am eternally grateful for all the replies I received x

After treatment I set myself goal to visit and stay at a friends overnight ,Im at now washing clothes for a trip to Cyprus with her Joy

There is Never a daft question Ichi You are not alone we will all help you through this x

Debbie

• Thank you Dani that is helpful. I have loads of saliva but the back of my throat is dry. I eat a lot of crackers, oat biscuits and short bread. All dry but I ease it down with a sip of water.