Post operation waiting for treatment to start

• 3 replies
  • 125 subscribers

Just wanted to say hello and share my cancer story in hope I can get and provide some support and help.

I am in my mid 40s and I was diagnosed with cancer in January and had my operation in Feb. Extremely tough experience but recovering very well at home now for about 3-4 weeks. Post op biopsy results have graded my cancer as T2 N3C with no HPV connection. The node growth occurred quite quickly from original biopsy to operation (was graded T2 N2 before). Treatment is going to be 6 weeks of radiotherapy and chemotherapy. 

I'm currently feeling ok about the whole thing, trying not to stress too much about some of the more aggressive features of what they found in the lymph, hoping that the treatment will do it's job. Physically I've recovered quite well and other than the scars, eating and speech issues I'm fairly together, doing some light exercises and gaining weight as I was told to.

Anybody with similar traits to my cancer that can tell me their stories?

Thanks

• Hi e can all help with tips for radiotherapy and chemo.I was hov16 positive but still had lymph node spread 7 nodes no surgery. Tips take everything one day at a time your radiotherapy team will be your first point if contact you see them daily. Any issue  tell them,likewise chemo you’ll.be given medication if it doesn’t help with the nausea there lots of other anti emetics that you  can have we are all started off on the cheapest ones.Treatments hard and recovery can be long nit everyine has. The HPV connection. But head and neck cancers do respond well in general to treatment.
     Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks for replying. Yes one step at a time and don't suffer in silence is what I've been told. I've been reading about others experiences of the treatment and to be honest I've not really enjoyed what I've read. But I am inspired that everyone on here has got through it and I will to.

• It's not an enjoyable read and it's an even less enjoyable experience sadly, but it's emminently doable. You're younger than most on here so you have that on your sideMuscle

Not suffering in silence was one of the best tips I had as well, will be rocky but you'll come out the other side.

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/