Shaving

• 5 replies
  • 129 subscribers

My partner has always been a wet shaver but has been told to use an electric razor while having treatment. Does anyone have any recommendations as to which is best, he usually shaves every other day but could easily do it every day. 

• Hi, I don't think any particular electric shaver matters, I bought a Phillips wet and dry for after my operation, he will find it hard to use a dry razor, well I did a long time ago when I tried so that's why I went to wet and dry but to be honest the moment I could go back to wet shaving I did as the electric seems to irritate and the shave isn't very good, he will most likely have to shave daily with electric

Hope this helps and hope the treatment goes well

Take care

Tony

Community Champion Badge

We will move mountains to help people with cancer live life as fully as they can.
    We'll do whatever it takes. For information, support or just someone to talk to,

call 0808 808 00 00 or visit www.macmillan.org.uk

Onwards and UpwardsWink Laryngectomy and OC survivor 

Lead Volunteer for Hampshire MacMillan Buddy Service

• Hi, that's exactly what we thought. He used one many years ago but said it made his face very hot. 

• Hi ValH

I also bought a Philips 3000 (S3133) and used it during Radiotherapy and for about 2 months post treatment. I prefer a wet shave. I had radiotherapy on right side of face & neck and beard stopped growing. It hasn't started again 18 months post treatment so I only have to shave 1 side Now the blades last longer !!

Hope the treatment goes well

Ivan

• Same here. My beard hasn’t grown back on my RH neck at all since I had RT there 2.5 years ago. I’m assuming now it probably won’t. I was warned against wet shaving due to the increased risk of cellulitis should I nick myself. So I used a Philishave (rotary head) during treatment. The most expensive ones are a waste of money. You can normally get a decent one for about £40. And there’s nearly always a special offer on in Boots. 

• Personally I like the rotary head Philips shavers.  I would not go for the expensive ones - I have an expensive one for home and a cheaper on whilst travelling and far prefer the cheaper shave.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey