Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Good News Just In

• 32 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi it’s Anghog here….sorry I have not posted actually about myself before…I’ve just replied to other posts but I wanted to put a bit up now about my tale. On my birthday on August 23 last year I was 53 and I received the news that the lump on my neck was a secondary cancer and the most probable primary was behind the nasal cavities…caused by the mutation of the Epstein Barr Virus. this was confirmed after a biopsy under general anaesthetic. Unfortunately a couple of weeks later my husband died suddenly of a heart attack and he was buried two weeks before I started my treatment at the beginning of October. He had been ill and I was doing home dialysis for him but it was a huge shock. Since the. I received 5 rounds of chemo and 35 radiotherapy sessions which ended on 16/2. My consultant said at the start we are aiming for the treatment to be curative. the journey has been hard and I ended up with Ecoli and was hospitalised for 5 days in December. I also developed blood clots in my legs ..so still injecting for another month. But the great news is that yesterday the results of the PET CT scan were confirmed to me. I have been given the all clear. I know we can never be sure it will not revisit us….but I just want to give everyone some hope and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am now looking forward to a new and different chapter of my life…lots of catch ups with friends and family. truly grateful for this second chance and I know Brian is looking down and has been looking after me x