Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Good News Just In

• 32 replies
  • 129 subscribers

Hi it’s Anghog here….sorry I have not posted actually about myself before…I’ve just replied to other posts but I wanted to put a bit up now about my tale. On my birthday on August 23 last year I was 53 and I received the news that the lump on my neck was a secondary cancer and the most probable primary was behind the nasal cavities…caused by the mutation of the Epstein Barr Virus. this was confirmed after a biopsy under general anaesthetic. Unfortunately a couple of weeks later my husband died suddenly of a heart attack and he was buried two weeks before I started my treatment at the beginning of October. He had been ill and I was doing home dialysis for him but it was a huge shock. Since the. I received 5 rounds of chemo and 35 radiotherapy sessions which ended on 16/2. My consultant said at the start we are aiming for the treatment to be curative. the journey has been hard and I ended up with Ecoli and was hospitalised for 5 days in December. I also developed blood clots in my legs ..so still injecting for another month. But the great news is that yesterday the results of the PET CT scan were confirmed to me. I have been given the all clear. I know we can never be sure it will not revisit us….but I just want to give everyone some hope and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am now looking forward to a new and different chapter of my life…lots of catch ups with friends and family. truly grateful for this second chance and I know Brian is looking down and has been looking after me x

• Thank you for sharing. I'm delighted to hear your great news - what a battle you've had, so much thrown at you in a very short space of time. You deserve a real break now and many wonderful things to come your way Pray Heart eyes

Helen x

• Crikey what a road you’ve been pushed along. I’m so pleased you have an all clear. That second chance is very liberating isn’t it. It puts ours and everybody else’s lives in perspective. Thanks for sharing it all with us. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Helen. I managed a wee glass of Prosecco with friends last night to celebrate x

• Thank you Dani…your advice on the forums has been great to read and helps everyone greatly. I will keep dipping in and out when I’m not out restarting my life xx

• Yay! Good for you! xx

• Hi Brilliant news ,as Dani says it’s a 2 nd chance grasp with both hands as we all know one life live it. 
    So sorry about you loosing Brian .

Hugs Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Great and at the same time tragic read; know how it feels having lost my wife four days after my second diagnosis, so difficult to cope with grief and cancer at the same time, my heart goes out to you.

Lovely attitude you have now though, which I have to admit I struggle with at times, I'm a bit rubbish at being single; wishing you much good fortune and happiness in the future, you deserve nothing less! xx

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/

• Thanks Hazel …it is such a relief to hear the news…you hope and pray but it is out of your control x

• Thanks Mike …so sorry to hear about your loss as well. I had a wee cry this morning thinking about Brian but I know he would be pushing me onto live my life. Being single is scary after being married for 32 years but I have great friends and family that are keeping me going x

• Aw shucks! HeartHeart
    Please do keep in touch. It’s good to hear how well  everybody is doing. It’s a wonderful filip to all of those just starting especially. 

Thank you Dani…your advice on the forums has been great to read and helps everyone greatly. I will keep dipping in and out when I’m not out restarting my life xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge