First timer - Sayng Hi to other H & N cancer newbies!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 131 subscribers

My name is Biss; I've just joined this group and am saying Hello. I'm a 62yr old male recently diagnosed with T1N1 p16 squamous carcinoma (tongue / throat cancer). I start curative chemo-radiation treatment in Leicester, on Mon 08MAR and have been very impressed since day 01, by every NHS 'contact' person and process. The Macmillan site / info and support is superb and I want to be part of any group community where help / advice / support can be shared.   Especially if anyone is / was in a similar situation to myself.. My treatment journey is about to begin - I' m prepared for a 'rough' coulee of months, but feel I am in good hands!

• Biss like everyone has said sorry you find yourself here but it's a great resource when you find yourself in need of it, great people. Pleased you've got a good team at the hospital, makes a lot of difference. Mine were, and still are, superb.

Community Champion Badge

Metastatic SCC diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014. Recurrence on larynx diagnosed July 2020 so salvage laryngectomy in September 2020.

http://mike-o.blogspot.co.uk/

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to PFJTHS

Thanks Peter