Could it be a mistake

  • 3 replies
  • 84 subscribers
  • 359 views

Hi.... back after 12weeks since 2 sarcoma removed in a big operation.

Had an mri with dye and oncologist says that there is a 5cm residual tumour,could this be post op swelling showing on scan... 

Im now waiting to see if another op is feasible or if its radiotherapy and hope for shrinkage...

Feel so deflated now after a whole year last year,waiting for operations,2 cancelled op until finally had complete removal in may this year..and was told  tumours were completely removed..

Desperate thoughts wont leave me  xx 

  • Hi Moxy1

    I am sorry that you have not yet had a response to your post, but sometimes it can just take a little longer for someone in similar circumstances to see it and offer support. 

    My own cancer was different than yours but I know that it can be really deflating to go through treatment and then something unexpected happens. For me it meant I needed unexpected chemo and then radiotherapy. I was expecting mine to be totally removed with surgery so I can understand your frustration.

    I hope that you will soon have clarification about what the MRI has shown and that once you know your treatment plan, things may feel a bit better. I know for me once I knew what would happen and when, things felt a bit more in control.

    While you are waiting for a reply to your post, why not give the Support Line a call and talk things through. It sounds like you have had quite a year of it. 

    Jane

           

    Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

  • Had an mri with dye and oncologist says that there is a 5cm residual tumour,could this be post op swelling showing on scan... 

    Hi  

    When will you know what’s happening? Are you in touch with your CNS who could clarify? 

    Dani 

    Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

    Macmillan Support Line -  0808 808 00 00 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

    Community Champion badge

  • Hi xx 

    Thanks for your response.

    I got in touch with my consultants secretary where I had my surgery and told me that the cancer hospital are liaising with my chap...so its only been a week - hopefully will get some news soon... 

    Thanks for your support...just got to get a plan and Im sure things will work out eventually xx