Rig not peg!

• 4 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi everyone,

Just an update ,I had a Rig put in not a peg!! My bad 

I must say the procedure was done like a well oiled machine !

But I wasn,'t told that once the meds had worn off that the pain would be so bad . Overnight stay in hospital was well received with drip fed pain relief , sent home following morning after RiG was checked and seen dietician.

Cocodamol keeps the spasmodic pain at bay ,and is easing off now.

Had mask fitting 2 days later which was ok ,but needed help getting back off the CT bed due to abdominal pain !

MRI planning scan with mask on Monday then treatment starts 28th.

My darling wife knows we need to make the best of food and drink up until then !!

Cheers all x

• Hi Spider3, the pain will ease off after a few days, if they have stitched it with 2 what they call buttons, when you have them taken out, it will feel so much better.

Ray. 

• Yes, I dined out on Madras curries and chippy food for as long as I could, taste and appetite disappeared after week 3, 16 months on from chemoradio both back to about 90% , Madras still off the menu, can do chippies and Chasni though.

Take care

Peter

• Be careful not to put on too much weight, before the start of your treatment, or else your mask could be too tight.

Ray.

• Be careful not to put on too much weight, before the start of your treatment, or else your mask could be too tight.

Ray is spot on. The best way to survive this is to lose as little weight as possible, preventing your metabolism from using body resources, namely fat. You need protein as well as calories to cope with RT  Better to use the food you actually take in. Recovery is better that way. 
    If you are getting cramps ask for Buscopan. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge