Covid vaccination eligibility

• 10 replies
  • 74 subscribers

I was surprised to have an invite from the NHS today.

Although I was originally classified as clinically vulnerable in the original phase, I haven't had the jab for the past couple of years since they removed that category/stopped it for over 50s.

Would having had tongue cancer (but no radio/chemo) tip the balance for them to invite me again?

Anyhoo, I've booked it! Also had my flu jab a fortnight ago (paid for that).

• I've just been invited for flu & Covid jabs, I think it said for all over-55s?

September 2022 aged 63 diagnosed with HPV associated SCC base of tongue T4 N2 M0. Chemo & radiotherapy for 6 weeks ending Nov 2022.  Dec 2023 one year all clear. See my profile for longer story

• Would having had tongue cancer (but no radio/chemo) tip the balance for them to invite me again?

Maybe. 
    I’ve had a few. Not bothering with any more. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • I cannot see it causing any issues teee7, i have had the three recommended Covin jabs but always have a flu jab every year from my chemist for free. Slight smile Take care.

Chris 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge

• I think as they get more of the vaccines much more easily the criteria for vaccination has been eased so it is quite likely you now fall into that group.  My wife is not eligable on the age criteria but has been invited as she was my registered carer during treatment so got last year's doses and i guess they have just gone down the list from last year.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • I am not yet over 55.....

• thanks Peter, that makes sense. Happy to accept the offer of the jab if they are deciding I am eligible!

• Hi Chris, I am always happy to accepte any jab on offer, just curious as to why now. I had assumed "just cancer" was not a qualifying trigger.

• I would ask at your next team meeting whether you can have the flu/covid jabs for free.. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Covid is free. Have already had flu jab (paid at S'drug)

• check to see if you can get it free in the future..

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive..