Head and neck cancer conference

• 6 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Was wondering if anyone attending the head and neck conference in Sheffield in November. Its run by the swallows charity . I'm attending. It seems very good . It's on for two days. There is no head and neck support group in northern Ireland and I really think we need one as it's increasing cancer here. I'm going with my daughter. Seems a really good panel with lots of patients with very positive stories etc. 

• Hi. Chris always puts a huge effort into this. He’s a bit of a showman…. But in a nice sort of way. I’ve never been though. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Joy really I'm looking forward to attending. We are seriously lacking support I. NI. Nothing available at all. I don't know how people cope with no support x

• Hi. Dani is right about Chris, he is a really nice guy. He came to Cornwall when the Cornwall branch of The Swallows was set up. I'm sure you will enjoy the conference.

Ray

• Really looking forward to it. He assured me it's a fun conference and not doom and gloom and full of positivity. That's what I want to hear. We need to stay positive during our recovery and after. X

• I attended the one that was "on line" during Covid.  That was very interesting.  It would be a very positive benefit if there was still virtual attendance alongside physical attendance.  The post conference slides just don't cut the mustard in the same way.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • I said the same thing to Chris. He said he would look into it but he never did. My oncologist did the bit on Proton at the Cardiff one.

It would be a very positive benefit if there was still virtual attendance

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge