Withdrawal symptoms from Oxycodone?

• 20 replies
  • 77 subscribers

Anyone else experienced bad withdrawal symptoms coming off Oxycodone??

I cut them down just as the doc suggested till last week only 5mg (the lowest dose) tab in the evening.  Dropping off last Thursday and I’m feeling really rubbish.

I just cannot sleep!!  Can’t sleep on my left, my right, always awkward on my back!!  I’m hot, I’m cold, duvet feels heavy, I’m itching all over!!  So very irritable, everything aches, in particular my arms - weird!?  The daytime is a little easier, but still very ‘irritable’, it’s hard to explain, even my clothing is bothering me!  12 weeks post treatment and feeling worse than ever, so fed up of feeling rubbish

• Hi Cake Lover  

Sounds familiar, coming off pain meds caused me similar problems, sleep was the biggest issue, GP put me on a short course of sleeping tablets (twice), helped me a great deal...the issue has now gone....thankfully.

Peter

• Very good to know Peter, thank you!!

It’s driving me nuts, I’ll phone my gp Thumbsup tone1

Deborah x

• yep, I hear ya.. give the GP a call.. I had to have something for withdrawal symptoms as well.. finally got through it though. 

Loz (61)

Oropharyngeal right tongue base T2N2bM0 squamous cell carcinoma p16 positive.. 

• Hi Loz....How's the Mrs?

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • 1st round pola R-CHP today.. still in.chemo, but she's doing good.. part 2 tomorrow.... just checking for any problems ATM.. so it;ll be once every 3 weeks, along with everything she has to take over the week... but so far so good... and she has me to bounce off if/when things get a bit ugly.. x

Loz (61)

• and she has me to bounce off if/when things get a bit ugly.. x

Hugs. I’m sure you’ll be the best person to bounce off 

Let us know how it goes and give her a hug from me. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Dani.. will do.. x

Loz (61)

• Oh yes I so recognise those symptoms!  I was down to the same dose as you when I stopped.  I lasted 4 days then went back on that dose.  With my GP support I spent the next 5 weeks dropping 1mg per day - I was on liquid Oxycodone - and that did the trick.

You have my absolute sympathy.  It is horrible.  Big Hugs

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Thanks Loz, waiting for a call from the GP! Fingers crossed tone1

• Thanks Peter, very good to know!!

I have some liquid Oxy, so that might be the answer……waiting for a call from the gp!?

helps just to know others have experienced the same, thought I was going mad.  You’re right it really is horrible, totally irrational Scream X