Bad day today.

• 11 replies
  • 73 subscribers

I just want to get off my chest that I have felt really down today.  I have my follow up from my MRI on Thursday and I have been imagining that it has spread.  My neck and shoulders have been aching real bad and then I got an awful headache.

I have been waking up to head and neckaches for some time now, but as I have always been susceptible to headaches, I just put it down to that, but they have been an awful lot worse, sometimes it has even hurt to have my head on the pillow.

I do know that people on here have an awful lot worse and that I shouldn't 'catastrophise' everything, but after 2 Malignant melanomas, I do wonder if finally it has 'caught up with me'.

Sorry to moan on, but I just wanted to get it off my chest.  I hope everyone on here has had a 'good' day (well, as good as you can under the circumstances.)

Hazel xx

• I do know that people on here have an awful lot worse and that I shouldn't 'catastrophise' everything, but after 2 Malignant melanomas, I do wonder if finally it has 'caught up with me'.

Hi Hazel......It's really difficult to stop imagining the worst. I know how you feel. I was one of those people and it has taken me a confrontation with the real thing...a proper cancer, not an imagined one, to overcome the anxiety. So though I can talk myself out of this catastrophising I really do know how you feel. Statistically....are you likely to have melanoma return after so many years? I realise that's not much help but try to keep busy. Maybe get outside. walk, garden coffee with friends, a trip round the garden centre....anything to get you out in the fresh air.

Scanxiety is a real thing....all of us here know exactly what that is. It will pass. Thursday will come and you will have a plan to concentrate on. Hugs and take care

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Hazel

Don't worry, its normal to have down days, very stressful time for you, this is a very good place to vent, all of us have been there.

Aches and pains tend to set our minds racing, normally it is nothing to worry about but if it is an issue please contact your GP or CNS.

I'm a year or so post ChemoRadio treatment and still have my iffy days...par for the course.

Colon cancer surgery and open heart surgery have caused little hiccups for me  in the past but I'm still managing to enjoy life.

Things do improve....

I'm off to do a bit of weeding then out for haddock and chips later..

Take care 

Peter

• Hi Hazel

This part the fear of the unknown is one of the worst parts. Visualised my own funeral I cried buckets I only discovered this forum on same day I saw my lovely oncologist whose first words were I’m looking to cure you Thursday will come and go   Remember head and neck cancers respond well to treatment. 
    do something today with hubby treat yourself today. 
    hugs Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Hazel

Moaning is OK.  It may be that the headaches and the other aches and pains are stress related - and at this stage in our journeys we are under a deal of stress.  I did not believe that stress causes such issues but on a sperate journey my GP told me that was that was causing those issues.  I changed something in my life and they went away...

Hopefully not too long now until you get the full picture and have assurance that your fears are unfounded.

Try to do something you like doing that will help your mental wellbeing.  Cinema, walking, coffee with friends etc.  It will all help fill in those empty days until you have your plan in place.

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey
  • Hi Dani

No, I'm not worried about the Melanomas.  It's the new diagnosis of Squamous Cell Carcinoma I'm concerned about. 

Thanks, I hope you're doing good at the moment.

Hazel xx

• No, I'm not worried about the Melanomas.  It's the new diagnosis of Squamous Cell Carcinoma I'm concerned about. 

I’m sorry Hazel. I misunderstood. 
    HPV driven cancer is curable. It’s the first thing my oncologist told me so hold onto that. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • No problem, I just wanted to clarify.  Yes, I have been told that the cure rate is high!  How are you doing today?

Hazel x

• Hi Hazel yes squamous  cell cancer especially HPV driven have an excellent cure rate. Hold on to that fact. 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• How are you doing today?

Me? I’m knackered after spending three days extracting 450lbs of honey from the beehives. 
    I'm five plus years clear of treatment and fighting fit. I do have dry mouth to contend with and I’m OCD over mouth hygiene. I have a little fibrosis in my neck but alive, well and cancer free. 
    It’s a privilege to be here helping others. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • So pleased to hear that you are now cancer free!  I will pop along to your blog!  Thanks Dani.  Have a good day. xx