Humidifier

• 3 replies
  • 73 subscribers

Hi,

Have read that some people have found these useful to help with radio and chemo symptoms.

Keen to understand people’s experiences and what type I should be looking for as seems to be quite a few different variables.

Thanks

Jason

• Hi I had a humidifier from the start of treatment I had a cool Mac one from Amazon it was a gof   send to me   It was a tear drop  shape. 
    I used it during the night  in the bedroom 

hope it helps 

Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now  6 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help

• Hi Jason

Humidifiers might help with mucous and dry mouth at night. I tried but couldn't see any difference.

What does help is humid air through the day. I managed by simply steaming my head over hot water with a towel round my head daily for a week or two when things got really sticky. Some folk are in so much trouble they find a vaporiser much better

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Really worked well for me, mainly around the dry mouth.  I had one off amazon that had a large tank and the ability to push out warm humidified air.  I found this worked really well.  I then put the dehumidifier on in the morning when I was not in the bedroom to dry it out Rofl

LEVOIT Smart Humidifier

Peter
    See my profile for more details of my convoluted journey